Class Coordinator (Semi-Flexible Schedule, Part Time, 3-9 hours a week)
WHO WE ARE:
At Level Up, we are on a mission to connect, educate and inspire people in our community through pop-up style classes taught by local experts in some of the coolest places our city has to offer.
While our headquarters are based in Louisville, KY, we are a quickly growing start up and have big ambitions to continue to expand across the region. Lexington has been our ongoing test market and we are excited to see growth here!
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING:
Lexington-based individual to work with our Associate Director of Community Engagement to act as the day-of coordinator for our classes.
- Function as a day-of coordinator and host for the experience. Each class is approx 3 hour commitment.
- Assist with the delivery of resources for classes (ie: class materials, refreshments, literature, equipment) as well as any setup requests
- Welcome and check in attendees
- Serve refreshments
- Engage with attendees and ensure a smooth, fun, experience for all involved
- Assist with breakdown
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Passionate about connecting people to their community
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Comfortable collaborating as part of a team, but also has the ability and self-motivation to work independently and have project ownership
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Finds joy in being social
- Enjoys thinking through the logistics of a class
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU JOIN OUR TEAM:
This isn’t your standard 9-5 job. We offer a variety of classes and expect this position to commit to 1-3 classes a week, each about 3 hour commitment. Our class offerings are Monday- Thursday evenings as well
This role would pair well with another part-time job or a full time day job.
We pay $60 per class commitment. This fee is paid on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Opportunity to be a central, visible part of a quickly growing start-up and the ability to have a voice and role in our growth in your region.
- A small team that values work/life; We know when to work and when to play!
- 50% off for classes you’d like to take at Level Up LEX!
HOW TO APPLY:Please send your letter of interest and resume to Sidney Peard, Associate Director of Community Engagement , LEX@levelupwithus.com. We are accepting applications through May 15, 2018.