Shout out to our Lexington team for helping pull together this great post! You can follow all things Lex on Instagram at @leveluplex.
Hibernation season is over, and now that the snow has finally stopped falling – it’s time to get out and explore all that Lexington has to offer! This is our guide for enjoying to enjoying the warm weather in Lexington.
Remember all those naturally gorgeous areas we have right around the corner? How often are you walking to your closest park? Here is a list of parks scattered across Lexington!
Take a step outside and remind yourself just how great the fresh air feels (yes, your backyard counts!) A few of our favorites green spots in Lexington include:
Treat Yourself to a Nice Cup of Coffee
How much better does coffee taste when someone else makes it for you? There are so many talented baristas in Lexington. A few crowd favorite java shops include:
- A Cup of Commonwealth has the friendliest staff in town. (Eastern Ave.)
- Daily Offerings is totally Instagram-worthy. (West Main St.)
- Lussi Brown has the most dedicated baristas – They’ll get your drink right every time! (Church St.)
Freshen Up Your Space With New Art
Local artists in Lexington would love to be a part of your spring refresh. These are some of our fave local artists that can get your home decor on-trend (or take a class with one of these artists and make your own art!):
Check Out the Local Garden Stores
Spruce up your winter home with a colorful bouquet, a new plant friend or maybe grab some seeds to expand your summer garden. The spring is prime time to get yourself excited for the abundant blooms of summer. Michler’s has native plants, a large collection of flora and their outdoor cafe opened April 1st! Some other great places to get your hands covered in dirt are:
- Redmonds (By Giuseppe’s Italian Restaurant)
- King’s (Right off Nicholasville Road)
- Pemberton’s (Right beside Douglass Park off Georgetown St.)
Visit Lexington Humane Society
Kitten and puppy season are approaching which means so many more animals will be available for adoption and are going to need a home! Nothing says spring like adding a new friend to your life. Also not to mention puppies are a good reason to stay active and get out of the house. (Just remember that animals are not an accessory and need to be taken care of! Adopt but know what to anticipate!) Some other great pet friendly places to explore:
Take a Level Up Class
Level Up Lexing is always expanding and we’re constantly adding new classes. You can be the first to know about our new classes – and swoop up that Early Bird discount! – by signing up for our newsletter. Some of our most popular spring classes are:
- Hand Lettering - In this class, you’ll learn basic hand lettering alphabet styles and the write, outline, shade process.
- Summer Braids and Buns - In this class we'll get hands-on guided practice on how to style a rockin' top knot and sport 3 different styles of braids.
- Basic Herb Gardening - During this class you'll learn to grow your very own herbs.
Kentucky is full of exciting things to do and is always growing and changing. We’re constantly falling back in love with our state. Got suggestions for fun things to do in Lexington this Spring? Share your ideas with us on Facebook. Happy exploring!