Metal Earring Workshop
ABOUT THE TEACHER:
Hi there! I'm Kaxi (pronounced KC), owner and maker of Oxford Made.
Oxford Made was founded in 2018 to create handmade goods while I am studying at Miami University in Oxford, OH. I have been featured in UPMagazine, Miami Student, IMEA, and was a panelist at AWE (Advancing Women in Entrepreneurship).
I look forward to sharing my passion for creating metal jewelry with you!
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Want to create your own quality piece of metal jewelry?
Together let's create a pair of earrings you can be proud of -- your IDEAL pair -- the perfect fit for any occasion.
We will use this metal project to learn basic foundation into metalworking so you can begin to create more work at your own home. Through learning how to properly saw, file, and sand your pieces to a proper ready-to-wear finish, by the end of class we will have a custom earring made by YOU!
See you there!
MATERIALS STUDENTS WILL USE IN CLASS:
You will need some tools to make this project - and have for future DIY metal projects!
- 5'' Adjustable Jeweler Saw Frame (1)
- Saw Blade (Set)
- 6''x12'' Brass 22 ga. Sheet Metal (1-2 Sheets)
- Pre-Notched Bench Pin with Clamp (1)
- 14K Gold Filled Earring Hooks (or Equivalent Set)
- 3x140mm File (Set)
- Flat Nose Pliers (The ones from your home toolbox should also work fine!)
- Center Punch
- 220 Grit Sandpaper
- 400 Grit Sandpaper
- Dremel (or something to make a small hole through metal for the earring hook to go in)
- Duct tape, scotch tape, or painters tape
- also helpful: Elmer's glue stick and Pen
STUDENTS WILL TAKE HOME: During this class, we will work together to create a metal pair of earrings that you will love and cherish for a long time. Your earrings will consist of brass, and hang from 14k gold filled earring hooks. You will also have all the tools to create metal pieces at home as you wish.
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT CLASS:
All students will receive a 15% off discount code for my shop!
Enrolled learners will receive the Zoom link playback via their student profile inbox within 24 hours of this live-online class.
Minimum age requirement: 16+
1. Learners must have access to Zoom
2. Learners must have purchased items (or equivalent) from the supply list to follow along in the class.
This class is sold out but sign up for our newsletter and stay in the know.
No reviews yet
WRITE A REVIEW:
Similar Classes You Might Like
No events are scheduled.
Jan 28th, 2021