Money 101: How to Start Building Wealth with a Zero-Based Budget
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Feel like everyone else has their finances figured out while you’re pretending everything’s fine? From how to get organized and started to demystifying debt and types of accounts, how to stick to a budget - it can be a little overwhelming, right?
The Values-Based Budgeting workshop with Chloe Daniels, of Clo Bare, is totally for you.
In this workshop, Chloe takes us through how to create a budget that aligns with your priorities.
By the end of this workshop, learners will:
+ Created your very own personalized monthly or bi-weekly budget and yearly budget that you can start using as soon as class ends
+ Understand how to update it and edit as you go
+ Perform deep-diving thought work to understand why you spend money the way you do and how to re-tell your money story
+ Learn actionable tips on how to stay on budget and save more money
+ Understand the basics of investing in a retirement account so that you feel empowered to open that IRA or start contributing to that 401(k)
Important Note: I KNOW that talking about money can be uncomfortable and spark some negative feels. Please know that Clo Bare is all about a judgment-free, safe zone. You'll get no judgements from me, only applause and hype-lady energy for showing up to do the work!
MATERIALS STUDENTS WILL USE IN CLASS:
- EXPENSE TRACKING: Come prepared with 2-4 weeks (full 4 weeks preferred) of spending and income tracking. You can either keep track leading up to the event or you can print out/have handy your bank account transactions and credit card transactions so you can go through what you spent while we’re creating the budget. These numbers are for your eyes only and you will not be asked to share them.
- TEMPLATES: We will also use and reference these two links: 1) Budget Template, 2) Yearly Budget Template. Be sure to check that you have access to these before class. They are both in Google Drive, so you will need to log in with your Gmail account. You are also welcome to use an app like Mint or Personal Capital for this class, but I'll be walking learners through how to use these spreadsheets. Information in the class will still be applicable if you decide to use an app instead.
- ACCESS: This class is taught via zoom. Must have the ability to access video/audio.
- NOTE TAKING: any form of note-taking will do!
- COMPASSION: A sack of self-love is a must
STUDENTS WILL TAKE HOME:
In this class we will:
1. Create a monthly or bi-weekly budget
2. Create a money story
3. Perform some thought work to understand the in's and out on why you spend the way you do
4. Create actionable goals for your financial future
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT CLASS:
Attendees of this workshop can receive a FREE 30 minute follow-up call with Chloe Daniels of Clo Bare.
Enrolled learners will receive the Zoom link playback via their student profile inbox within 24 hours of this live-online class.
Minimum age requirement: None
1. Learners must have 2-4 weeks of expenses available.
2. Learners must have Google apps access (Google Drive, Google Sheets)
3. Learners must have a laptop, internet connection, video connection and audio connection.
This class is sold out but sign up for our newsletter and stay in the know.
No reviews yet
WRITE A REVIEW:
Similar Classes You Might Like
Apr 29th, 2021