ABOUT THE TEACHER:
Hi! I'm Clo Bare, but you can call me Chloe. I'm a personal finance coach and blogger, helping folks get debt-free, make their money work for them, and start living a life more aligned with their values.
In two years, I paid off $40k of that debt, saved $110k for retirement, and am now on track to retire by 46. I did that all while still taking a dozen domestic trips and five international trips, and now I focus on teaching others how to do the same!
It's important to be able to live your life while you're paying off debt and saving for retirement, which is why I teach values-based budgeting. It scraps all the arbitrary rules and instead focuses on what matters to you and how we can make your money work for those big dreams of yours.
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Feel like everyone else has their finances figured out while you’re pretending everything’s fine? From how to get organized and started to demystifying debt and types of accounts, how to stick to a budget - it can be a little overwhelming, right?
The Values-Based Budgeting workshop with Chloe Daniels, of Clo Bare, is totally for you.
In this workshop, Chloe takes us through how to create a budget that aligns with your priorities.
By the end of this workshop, learners will:
+ Created your very own personalized monthly or bi-weekly budget and yearly budget that you can start using as soon as class ends
+ Understand how to update it and edit as you go
+ Perform deep-diving thought work to understand why you spend money the way you do and how to re-tell your money story
+ Learn actionable tips on how to stay on budget and save more money
+ Understand the basics of investing in a retirement account so that you feel empowered to open that IRA or start contributing to that 401(k)
Important Note: I KNOW that talking about money can be uncomfortable and spark some negative feels. Please know that Clo Bare is all about a judgment-free, safe zone. You'll get no judgements from me, only applause and hype-lady energy for showing up to do the work!
MATERIALS STUDENTS WILL USE IN CLASS:
- EXPENSE TRACKING: Come prepared with 2-4 weeks (full 4 weeks preferred) of spending and income tracking. You can either keep track leading up to the event or you can print out/have handy your bank account transactions and credit card transactions so you can go through what you spent while we’re creating the budget. These numbers are for your eyes only and you will not be asked to share them.
- TEMPLATES: We will also use and reference these two links: 1) Budget Template, 2) Yearly Budget Template. Be sure to check that you have access to these before class. They are both in Google Drive, so you will need to log in with your Gmail account. You are also welcome to use an app like Mint or Personal Capital for this class, but I'll be walking learners through how to use these spreadsheets. Information in the class will still be applicable if you decide to use an app instead.
- ACCESS: This class is taught via zoom. Must have the ability to access video/audio.
- NOTE TAKING: any form of note-taking will do!
- COMPASSION: A sack of self-love is a must
STUDENTS WILL TAKE HOME:
In this class we will:
1. Create a monthly or bi-weekly budget
2. Create a money story
3. Perform some thought work to understand the in's and out on why you spend the way you do
4. Create actionable goals for your financial future
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT CLASS:
Attendees of this workshop can receive a FREE 30 minute follow-up call with Chloe Daniels of Clo Bare.
This live-online class will not be recorded and does not offer a playback link.
Minimum age requirement: None
1. Learners must have 2-4 weeks of expenses available.
2. Learners must have Google apps access (Google Drive, Google Sheets)
3. Learners must have a laptop, internet connection, video connection and audio connection.
Sunday January 31st, 2021
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CT
No reviews yet
WRITE A REVIEW:
Similar Classes You Might Like
Dec 8th, 2020
No events are scheduled.